Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Am I suay or unlucky?

Yesterday met Ben and QH at 5pm to eat Mac at KAP. KAP was super crowded, packed with sec school and JC students as expected when their major exams are coming soon. However, KAP is also filled with pretty chicks in uniforms too! At 7pm, we left for yong's house to play a game of mahjong. QH is quite good at mahjong and she was on a winning streak last night! We left yong's house at 11plus taking cab home, so i was looking foward to the Watford game against Fulham. I lost al my bets over the week end so i was hoping to recoup my losses. Des betted 10 on Fulham while i betted 10 on Watford. His odds was 2.57 and mine was 2.4. In a msn conversation with des and seba, we decided to bet among ourselves by forking 10 bucks each. I took watford, des took fulham and that leaves seba with a draw. Winner takes all. I was quite confident that i'll be collecting 44 bucks after the final whistle. Des and I taunted each other then, i said that when watford go 2 goals up, i can off the TV and go sleep.

Marlon King's strike in the first half was the only goal in 45mins. I was really happy but still didn't felt safe. Watford really played with hunger to take all 3 points. Second half started and just 1min past, Ashley Young picks up the cross from the left and tap it into the net. Great anticipation. I jumped out of my sofa, run around my house jumping up and down. I thought:"Wha..finally i'm going to collect money after an unlucky weekend!!!" However i didn't go to sleep cause i wanna see watford netting their 3rd or more. Watford played quite well till American striker, Brian McBride hits a fantastic volley into the net. 2-1. I was rather worried then cause fulham was starting to pick up their attacking instincts. In the 83rd min, former watford player, Heidar Helguson scores a close range header. OH NO!!! what's happening..i really felt the shock. 2-2. I lost hope already. I thought the money was gonna be seba's. In the 87th min, Damien Francis broke my heart. I couldn't believe a professional like him can't clear such a simple ball but rather ram it into his own net. Perhaps he didn't know which side was right to score or his father must have betted heavily on Fulham. Either one should be correct. My heart shattered the moment i saw that dumb goal conceded. 3-2. Damien Francis was taken off immediately. At this moment, the money should more or less go to Des already. Fortunately for Seba, man of the match Ashley Young controlled the ball and hit a low lightning quick shot with his right foot to equalise for Watford. Both teams got a fair share of point, seba got the winnings. Tell me how can you not win when you have a 2 goal lead?? Why can't Boothroyd tell his team to park a bus in front of their goal? When a small team like watford gets a 2-0 lead, don't be complacent, bold or adventurous to go all out to play entertaining football! Just concentrate on getting results, 3points! It's a match that Watford could have won easily! And if i'm Boothroyd, i will give the whole team a dressing down and i make sure Damien Francis learns how to clear balls the hard way.

Today i met Des and Seba at Beauty World for lunch followed by a long seesion of pool at Mambo Billards. Obviously we would be discussing on that 6 goal thriller match and how interesting if we were watching together haha. After pool, we went to NTUC to eat Lu Ya Fan (Gravy Duck Rice). The stall doesn't look appealing but their food is amazingly tasty. Then we went to Singapore Pools outlet at NTUC to check out the odds. I bought 5 bucks on sengkang draw with balestiar at $3.60. After that, Des left for his hospital visit while Seba and I went to Bukit Batok Industrial Park to collect our pay from the warehouse job. We went to central to bank in those cheques and head to westmall for a walk. Wow, there's a food fair outside westmall and i tend to eat alot at such food fare but not today. I got 3 otah for free cause the man forget to charge me. Seba was crazy to buy 10 otah home haha!

At 7.30pm, i went to west mall again to meet Chuan. We went to coslab to have our hair dyed. I chose Deep copper gold color, the color looks alright not too bright nor dark. We spent 2 hours there including hair treatment. 9.30pm, i was on my way home so i called my cousin, Fred, to check out the score for Sengkang. He told me Sengkang leading 3-2 at 89th min. When i got home, he called me telling me:" Hey xing, Balestiar equalised in the 90+min." I was like wow! I'm lucky at last. "Eh but sengkang scored again to make it 4-3, fulltime already." Fred continued. Aw.. I was cursing again, how can this happen to me again?!?!? Things aren't going right for me at the moment, I'm just suay, unlucky, daomei....whatever, i'll bounce back!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jack said...

You should really stop betting. And next time you wanna play mahjong... haha, lets just make it easier for the both of us. Transfer the money str8 to my bank acc alright? We'll skip the playing part. Haha

Meanwhile, good luck!

QH

3:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home