Monday, January 01, 2007

kiss goodbye to 2006. 2007 is the year to look forward.

2006 had been a long long year. 364.5 days indeed. i'm thankful that i'm still alive living in 2007 cause many people in this world aren't able to. 2006 wasn't really a bad year after all. Manchester United were still unable to seize the title away from Chelsea and watching them lose 3-0 to the blues towards the end of the season was a painful experience. However, this is gonna change in 2007 cause the Red Devils are coming back from hell to sink mourinho & co into the deep blue ocean. Mourinho can complain about his squad depth for all he wants but United fans won't give a damn! I can't wait to see Rooney and Ronaldo lifting the trophy.

There's also the World Cup in 2006 held in Germany. The tournament that the entire world watched. I was supporting Argentina then cause i liked their style of attacking football and talented individuals. I felt that it was their year to win it. Sadly, they were knocked out by the host. Flashes of brilliant goals like Maxi Rodriguez, Joe Cole, Torres, Frings, Schweinsteiger etc.

I'm talking too much on soccer in 2006. I'll be a better player in 2007. Gotta start training on my physical fitness. Okay end of soccer.

I've been working at Singapore Indoor Stadium for 8 months already and it's really amazing that i can hold on to a job for so long. This shows the amount of passion i've got for this job. Besides the money, I enjoyed working as well. I realised that i can never be a waiter. It has been proven. I went to test myself by applying a job at Shunjuu. I was determined enough to tell myself that i could do it. A month after applying, i quitted. I just cannot accept the way some people at restuarants telling you what to do. Everybody has different ways of doing things and it's only worse if everyone else is telling you different things.

The management at Indoor's quite thoughtful cause last friday they organised a year end dinner for all working staffs. They booked a cinema hall which filmed the movie, Night at the Musuem followed by a post-reception. They also booked a lounge at level 6 at cineleisure where the reception was held. The best part was the lucky draw with the grand prize, a pair of S.H.E tickets. I won them and it was like a bonus to me hahahaha.

I have been learning Japanese since the start of poly in 2005. Since young i never thought that making friends with Japanese was possible. 2006 was the year that i got to know a few of them. There was this exchange program which our sensei organised for us. Students from Waseda came to our school so we interacted with them. I met Mari then but now no longer in contact. Later I got to know Kazu and Akira followed by Takeru, Chika and Wakana. There are really nice people after all and their backgrounds are really interesting. In 2007, i want to know more Jap friends esp girls! hahahaha....

Halfway blogging, i went to eat my dinner and then went down to buy some soccer bets. My first bet of 2007 : Wigan H-H and Wigan -1.5

The few weeks in 2006, i've been on a losing streak but today 1st Jan 2007, things are gonna change so i'm gonna win tonight!!!! Besides, i saw a beautiful rainbow near my block. This is the sign. After buying my bet, I walked past S11 and saw this mother and her son taking out their camera phone, taking photos. I was thinking:"Huh, how come they taking photos of batok buildings? Batok so nice meh..or your first time come batok feeling excited." I looked into the direction which they were taking photos of and spotted that rainbow, wow! I mean how often do you see rainbow, really rare and what an occasion to see it. First day of a new year, it just makes you smile.

Yesterday was the last day of 2006. Ben and i worked at Indoor from 1.30pm -5pm. After that we went to queensway to find the Bear. I bought my new st.soccer boots and we all got a new ball. At night, we went to eski bar for a cup or two. There wasn't any space so we went to occupy the cold room which is -7degrees cold! Colder than ice...omg! I was together with Jere, Ben, Xiong, Chuan and Yong. Our fingers were numb, could hardly feel anything. Woah..but i like the cold freezy feeling cause we kinda got an experience of what is it like to be in winter. we stayed in the cold room for about 45mins, countdown till 12am. Just into 2007, we went to crystal jade for breakfast! Whoo.. we had delicious dimsums and i enjoyed my Century Egg & Sliced Chicken CON-GEE!!!!! First CON-GEE of 2007. 2006 rules but 2007 is gonna ROCK!!! ROAR!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home